THE EFFECT OF WORK CLIMATE AND WORK DISCIPLINE ON EMPLOYEE PERFORMANCE (STUDY ON ONE OF THE 3 STAR HOTELS IN BANDUNG)

Dedi Hadian

Abstract


This research conducted with the aim to determine the effect of work climate and work discipline on employee performance and this study also aims to analyze the most dominant factors of influence between work climate and work discipline on employee performance. The object of his research was that 87 employees used a questionnaire aimed at employees registered at one of the 3-star hotels in the city of Bandung.

Based on research using path analysis, it can be seen that the working climate variable (X) has a direct influence of 24.1%, indirect influence through relations with work discipline (X) of 14.3%, the total effect of 38.4%. Work discipline variables (X) have a direct influence of 15.3%, and indirect effects through work motivation (X) are 14.3%, the total effect is 29.6%. The results of the correlation coefficient of determination (R squared) expressed in percentages illustrate the contribution of all independent variables namely work motivation (X) and work discipline (X) in determining the performance variable is 0.679 or 67.9% while other factors that affect performance not examined indicated by the value of 0.321 or 32.1%. The conclusions of the suggestions that can be considered in connection with the results of the study are that management should be able to maintain and improve the two variables above.

 

Keywords: Work Climate, Work Discipline, Employee Performance


DOI:10.5281/zenodo.3232926


Full Text:

PDF

References


Agarwal, P. (2015). The moderating effect of strength of organisational climate on the organisational outcomes. Journal of the Indian Academy of Applied Psychology, 41(1), 71-76.

Arep & Tanjung, 2008. Manajemen Sumber Daya Manusia, Edisi Kedua. Yogyakarta : BPEC.

Bamel, U. K., Rangnekar, S., Stokes, P., & Rastogi, R. (2013). Organizational climate and managerial effectiveness: an Indian perspective. International Journal of Organizational Analysis, 21(2), 198-218.

Beyer, J. M., & Trice, H. M. (1984). A field study of the use and perceived effects of discipline in controlling work performance. Academy of Management Journal, 27(4), 743-764.

Gilbert, C., De Winne, S., & Sels, L. (2011). The influence of line managers and HR department on employees' affective commitment. The International Journal of Human Resource Management, 22(8), 1618-1637.

Jyoti, J. (2013). Impact of organizational climate on job satisfaction, job commitment and intention to leave: An empirical model. Journal of business theory and practice, 1(1), 66-82.

Lawrence, J., Ott, M., & Bell, A. (2012). Faculty organizational commitment and citizenship. Research in Higher Education, 53(3), 325-352.

Malinen, O. P., & Savolainen, H. (2016). The effect of perceived school climate and teacher efficacy in behavior management on job satisfaction and burnout: A longitudinal study. Teaching and Teacher Education, 60, 144-152.

Mangkunegara, A. P. (2011). Manajemen sumber daya manusia. Bandung : Rosda.

Moorhead & Griffin. (2013). Perilaku Organisasi. Jakarta: Salemba Empat.

Rivai, V. (2014). Manajemen SDM untuk perusahaan dari teori ke praktik. Surabaya : Rajawali Pers.

Subramani, A. K., Akbar Jan, N., Moideen Batha, H., & Vinodh, N. (2016). Use of Structural Equation Modeling to Empirically Study the Impact of Organizational Climate on Employees’ Work Related Attitude in Information Technology Organizations in Chennai City. Indian Journal of Science and Technology, 9(2), 1-8.

Sutrisno, E. (2011). Menajemen Sumber Daya Manusia. Jakarta. Kencana.

Wahjosumidjo. (2010). Kepemimpinan dan Motivasi, Jakarta: Ghalia Indonesia.

Wirawan. (2015). Manajemen Sumber Daya Manusia Indonesia. Jakarta: PT Raja Grafindo Persada


Refbacks

  • There are currently no refbacks.


Copyright (c) 2018

Creative Commons License
This work is licensed under a Creative Commons Attribution-NonCommercial 4.0 International License.